Thursday, February 19, 2009

Assignment 2: Pictogram

For this assignment, I decided to make a pictogram of a bicycle parking stand. I decided on this as I noticed there are a few students who cycle to school but do not have anywhere to park their bicycles. If NUS decides to set up a bicycle parking stand for them, this sign would be good!
The image I started with was this


Using this image, I created the first level of reduction.

First level of reduction


Second level of reduction


Third level of reduction


Fourth level of reduction


Fifth level of reduction


Reductions put together


I decide to choose the fifth level of reduction as the pictogram as I believe this image is simple yet understandable by all.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that you could introduce background info in your first abstraction to give you more leeway for abstraction 2 - 4......nigel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sabrina, the 2nd to 3rd is not an abstraction. If I were you I would have a picture with more bicycles at the bicycle park. Then in the first abstraction we have one man mounted on the bicycle amid other bicycles parked in the background. and then for the 2nd, you can trm down details of the first so so on. The last abstraction frame is fine okay but try to separate the bicycle from the stand because it looks unkempt.

    ReplyDelete